The DFW area literally lights up and twinkles as the holidays draw near. Everywhere from Dallas to Frisco to the Ft. Worth Stockyards light up in spectacular displays. With looks of excitement on children's faces, the sound of carolers singing familiar tunes, the taste of sweet holiday favorites and the smell of Christmas pine flooding the area, you can't help but get into the holiday spirit. We have compiled a list of our favorite spots to view holiday lights in the DFW area. Make the rounds and find your family's next holiday tradition!
· FRISCO SQUARE - Drawing over 750,000 visitors annually, Frisco Square offers North TX largest choreographed light display! Boasting snow flurries every 15 minutes, ice skating, inner tubing snow slide, horse drawn carriage rides, light & music shows, trackless train rides & even a parachuting Santa - this place has it all! Going on now through Dec 31st!
· DEERFIELD, PLANO - Running from December 1st - 30th, this quintessential Plano neighborhood is jammed packed with gorgeous homes competing for the best, funniest & most traditional displays. Check out their website for best routes & carriage ride info!
· VITRUVIAN LIGHTS IN ADDISON - Wander through Vitruvian Park’s 12 Acres and view over 550 illuminated trees wrapped in 1.5 million sparkling LED lights. Enjoy free live music in the park, food trucks & free pictures with Santa!
· HIGHLAND PARK & HIGHLAND PARK VILLAGE - What can! say? Gorgeous architecture complemented by professional Christmas lighting. Spanning about 20 blocks, this is the perfect time to splurge on a horse drawn carriage ride.
· ENCHANT CHRISTMAS - A world of Christmas wonder awaits you in Arlington at Globe Life Park! Surrounded by millions of dazzling lights, experience the world’s largest Christmas light maze, ice skating, Santa’s palace, live entertainment & a Christmas marketplace.
· 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS - The Dallas Arboretum plays host to this elaborate exhibition featuring 25ft Victorian style gazebos filled with costumed characters, whimsical animals & music made famous the beloved Christmas carol.
· PRAIRIE LIGHTS - Growing larger each year, this Grand Prairie display is located in Lynn Creek Park and has become a destination in its own right. Offering a 2-mile path of lights, a snow maze, holiday lighted walk-through forest, holiday village, & more. Be sure to check out their website as there are costs for this one!
· INTERLOCHEN IN ARLINGTON - This year marks the 43nd Anniversary of one of the largest drive-thru Christmas light displays in North Texas.
· TOUR OF LIGHTS IN FARMERS BRANCH - A drive thru animated display of over 500,000 twinkling lights. Located in the Farmers Branch Historical park with a variety of different scenes & themes.
· TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY - Supporting Toys for Tots, this huge display boasts a drive-thru display & Santa's Village. Be sure to check out the website for pricing!
· ICE & THE GAYLORD TEXAN RESORT - Ice skating, gingerbread house building, sled riding, Santa photos, Holiday village, light displays, 2+ million pounds of ice, what do they not have?